We have this amazing Kids Cookbook from Williams Sonoma, but sometimes I have to adapt the recipes to make them a little healthier :) Here is our latest adaptation:
Just sweet enough Apricot Oat Bars
1 1/2 Cups Whole Oats
3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour (or Gluten Free, Rice Flour, etc)
1/4 Cup Flax Meal
3/4 Cup Raw Honey (or preferred sweetener)
3/4 Cup Dried Apricots (chopped)
3/4 Cup Blackberries (or another fresh or dried fruit)
1 Tsp Vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F
2. I use a stoneware 9x9 dish, if you use metal or glass you may want to grease the bottom
3. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the blackberries (or any fresh fruit).
4. Once those ingredients are mixed thoroughly, add the fresh blackberries. (We had some freshed picked from a walk earlier!)
If the mixture seems too crumbly, add a little more agave.
5. Press into your backing dish, careful not to smash the blackberries.
6. Pop in the oven for 25 minutes.
7. Let cool before you cut. Yield 12 bars.