Friday, April 19, 2013

The Absolute BEST Homemade Granola Recipe



I actually meant to make granola bars one day and tried a new recipe, that turned out all wrong, or was it?? Cause it ended up to be granola cereal in the end!! I honestly never thought I could make my own granola, I actually thought it was too hard for me! And granola cereal in the stores are not cheap, and they have all that added sugar and unnecessary ingredients. Well that gave me confidence to try recipes making my own "cereal" and I finally perfected this one- no sugar, no dairy, and gluten free. Enjoy! Mmmmmmm.


Preheat oven 300 degrees F

Ingredients:

3 Cups Oats (Old Fashioned, whole)
1/4 tsp organic/kosher salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 Cup honey
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1 tsp Vanilla
1/8 Cup Maple
1/8 Cup Flax Seed
1/8 Cup Flax Meal
1/4 Cup Chopped Almonds, or Almond Meal
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1/4 Cup Unsweetened shredded coconut

In a large bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients. In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil with all the wet ingredients. Once all melted, remove from heat and pour over dry mixture. Mix together well in the bowl.

Spread the mixture in a thin, even layer on a baking sheet and place on the center rack of the heated oven. Bake, stirring after 15 minutes, until the granola is a very light golden brown. It should take 20 to 30 minutes.

Cool the granola completely, stirring it around so it doesn't stick together. (It hardens as it cools.)
Now add any other nuts or dried fruit, I added Craisins to mine.  Store in an airtight container, I keep mine in the fridge unless it will be eaten in 48 hrs.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I just made this tonight! Its so good. I want to make my own foods and healthy ones too. Thank you for sharing. Im stoked.

    -Megan Jessee

    ReplyDelete