Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Junior Type 1 Diabetes

Junior Type 1 Diabetes is a long, and winding road.


When it comes to Junior Type 1 Diabetes, I've always been a closest conspiracy theorist, meaning, deep in my heart, but afraid to admit it in public. I guess this is "coming out of the closet" so to speak. As the case of most medical conditions, I believe diabetes is one of the greatest money making industries. I recently read the book The Cantin Ketogenic Diet for Type 1 Diabetes and Cancer, and in it she noted the "average diabetic will contribute 1 million dollars to the medical industry in his/her lifetime". While I want to be supportive of the diabetes research foundation, etc, I cant help but feel that instinct deep in the pit of my stomach that my little girl who has type 1, is a pawn in a game of financial gain by pharmaceutical companies.

Maybe you have had that feeling too? So how do you dive into the JDRF, the JRF, etc.? I haven't even mentioned the spiritual end of it.

I know there is no sickness in heaven (Revelation 21:4) and we know that it is God's will for it to be "On earth as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:10) so how can we cloud our minds & life with illness when the higher reality is that God desires us to be free from all disease, even on the earth!? You see my dilemma as a mom of a T1D.

Well, last year, we took matters into our own hands, with God's help of course. And though we haven't made any extreme breakthroughs yet, and though my daughter is still pretty sick with her BS not under control, we have made some neat discoveries we would like to start some conversations about.

Are you a faith-filled diabetic? Or parent of one? I would love to hear from you.

How do you balance the not getting consumed with the "diabetes" and keeping your faith alive and hopeful?

mamaOFaT1, gina

No comments:

Post a Comment